Tuesday 6 May 2014

Inspiration..

Looking back through my notes in preparation for starting rehearsals again on Thursday.  I found this quote from photographer, Katie Murray which I jotted down when I visited the "Home Truths: Photography, Motherhood and Identity" exhibition:

"No-one can prepare you for motherhood…I heard the clichés from every side..that it was a lot of work, that I could (or couldn't) have it all, that my priorities would have to change, that it would be the best thing that ever happened to me.  However there was a failure to communicate how I could simultaneously feel so deeply fulfilled by, and connected to, this primal state of being a mother, and yet feel so disconnected to my former childless self.  How isolating, suffocating and depleting it could be, and the associated guilt for having those ambivalent feelings."

No comments:

Post a Comment